In pro cyclocross racing, every advantage counts. Fast starts, tight corners, efficiency, and control through dirt, sand, and mud. Proven by top World Cup pros for years, the legendary TCX gets a reboot this year with some key updates to make it faster and smoother than ever.
Pro cyclocross racers settle for nothing less than perfection, and this is the machine that meets their demands. The all-new TCX Advanced Pro features a redesigned, superlight Advanced-grade composite frame that’s handcrafted with race-proven geometry and asymmetrical chainstays for optimal power transfer. Its D-Fuse composite seatpost helps smooth out bumps and vibrations with an innovative D-shaped shaft. New for this year is the option to use a 30.9mm round standard or dropper seatpost instead depending on your riding style and terrain. Other innovations include a lightweight composite WheelSystem and tubeless tires right out of the box; flat-mount disc brakes; and 12mm front and rear thru-axles for total control and fast cornering, sprinting, and climbing in all conditions.
Lighter and more efficient
- Advanced-grade composite frameset is 17.5 percent lighter than the previous generation. The frame is now 850g versus 1050g, and the fork is 400g versus 460g. Frame and fork torsional/pedaling stiffness remain the same.
- Integrated disc brake technology with flat mounts and thru-axle hubs, combined with tubeless ready Giant WheelSystem, delivers added control in variable conditions and all types of weather.
Smooth ride quality
- D-Fuse composite seatpost helps absorb bumps and vibrations, and new this year is the option to switch to a standard 30.9 round or dropper post depending on your riding style and terrain. Most Advanced Pro models come with a new full-carbon D-Fuse SLR sea
- Frame: Advanced-Grade Composite, 12mm thru-axle, disc
- Fork: Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive 2 steerer, disc
- Wheels: Giant SLR-1 WheelSystem, 42mm
- Shifters: SRAM Force eTap AXS, 1x
- Crankset: SRAM Force D1 DUB, 38t
Electronic drivetrain systems deliver excellent shifting, easy set up, and solid battery life. Here are the highlights of today’s electronic shifting systems:
Electronic shifting systems use powerful servomotors to rapidly shift the chain. Because microprocessors and sensors constantly monitor every aspect of the system, they shift with precisely and without chain rub.
Many major systems have customizable shifting. Some have the ability to add remote shifters for common riding positions, and some even allow you to change the functions of the shifting buttons.
Electronic groupsets are responsive and consistent. There are no cables to stretch and wear out, so you get a flawless shift every time. The added bonus is you’ll never have to replace a derailleur cable ever again.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Advanced-Grade Composite, 12mm thru-axle, disc|
|Fork||Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive 2 steerer, disc|
Front: 100 x 12mm thru-axle
Rear: 142 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Giant SLR-1 WheelSystem, 42mm|
|Hubs||Giant SLR-1 WheelSystem|
|Spokes||Giant SLR-1 WheelSystem|
|Tires||Maxxis All-Terrene, 700x33c, tubeless|
|Crankset||SRAM Force D1 DUB|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, press fit|
|Chain||SRAM Force D1, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM Force eTap AXS|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM Force, 12-speed, 10x33|
|Shifters||SRAM Force eTap AXS, 1x|
|Handlebars||Giant Contact SLR|
|Stem||Giant Contact SL|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Force eTap AXS hydraulic|
|Brakes||SRAM Force eTap AXS hydraulic|
|Saddle||Giant Fleet SL|
|Seat Post||Giant D-Fuse SLR, composite|
|Accessories & Extras||Giant 1x chainguide, tubeless prepared|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Carbon/Chameleon Neptune/Chrome / Small||04712878581135||2102014104|
|Carbon/Chameleon Neptune/Chrome / Medium||04712878581142||2102014105|