Whether you're fat biking or exploring in the backcountry this winter, you'll benefit from the fruits of our collaboration with 686. In this case, we're talking about the all-new 686 x Specialized Women's Tech Insulator.
Starting at the exterior, you'll find that the Tech Insulator is constructed from a woven fabric that's been given a DWR coating, making it water-resistant. Moving beyond this layer of the jacket, they've incorporated 100g Primaloft insulation to keep you consistently warm both under effort and when relaxed. Primaloft was chosen for its ultralight weight, breathability, pack-ability, and high warmth-to-weight ratio. Essentially, this all adds up to a dependable insulation layer that will never leave you feeling clammy or cold.
Furthering this, the jacket includes an adjustable hood for when conditions get particularly cold, as well as Lycra wrist gaiters that interface perfectly with gloves. And knowing that this jacket will most likely be used in nasty conditions, it also features a foldout spray skirt and 3M reflective trims that will increase your visibility to other riders and motorists in low-light conditions.
In terms of fit and feel, underarm stretch panels have been incorporated in order to promote a complete, uninhibited range of motion while riding or hiking the bike. It's also been given Specialized's Relaxed Fit, which means that it will fit loosely on the body to leave plenty of room for additional layers.
Storage of your ride essentials will be handled by internal mesh storage pockets, and there's also a SWAT access pocket at the rear for use with the Specialized SWAT bib shorts or other SWAT-equipped pieces in the 686 x Specialized line of clothing.
- Woven fabric with DWR treatment repels water, leaving you dry and comfortable without having to sacrifice breathability.
- 100g Primaloft insulation is ultra-lightweight, highly breathable, and quite efficient at trapping air to keep you warm and insulated from the elements.
- Adjustable hood and hem provide added warmth and weather protection for your head, as well as minimizing the possibility of wind entering the Insulator.
- Underarm stretch panels provide flexibility in the construction, allowing a full range of movement when you’re all zipped-up.
- Lycra wrist gaiters interface perfectly with gloves, which prevents any drafts or cold air from seeping in at the sleeve openings.
- Internal mesh storage pocket safely and securely houses your ride essentials or nutrition.
- 3M reflective trims increase your visibility to other trail users or motorists in low-light conditions.
- One zippered chest pocket and two front zippered pockets house your large and small ride essentials.
- Fold out spray skirt allows you to block unwanted moisture at the hands of wheel-spray when you need to, and hide it away when you don’t.
- Rear SWAT pocket access permits you to access your jersey or bib pockets easily with gloves on. Relaxed Fit is comfortable and loose against the body, allowing for ample layering underneath.
|Option||Barcode||Manufacturer's Part Number||Vendor Number||Store SKU|
|Black Ruby / Medium||00888818149612||64117-1153||SBC-64117-1153||SPE46947864M|